Ann M. Smith
Phone: 619-756-7007, Ext. 207
Simmons College (Boston, MA); Monterey College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1985) (Monterey, CA)
Admitted To Bar
1985, California and U.S. District Court, Southern District of California; U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
- San Diego County Bar Association.
Salgado v. Atlantic Richfield Co. (9th Cir. 1987) 823 F.2nd 1322; Branch v. HomeFed Bank (1992) 6 Cal.App.4th 793; San Diego Municipal Employees Association v. Superior Court of San Diego County (City of San Diego) (2012) 206 Cal.App.4th 1447; Colombo et al. v. BRP US Inc. and Bombardier Recreational Products, Inc. (2014) 230 Cal.App.4th 1442; Abbe v. San Diego City Employees’ Retirement System, 2016 Cal.App. Unpub. LEXIS 2405; San Diego Municipal Employees Assn. v. City of San Diego (2016) 244 Cal.App.4th 906; Boling v. Public Employment Relations Bd. (2018) Cal.5th 898.
- Labor Negotiator for United Farm Workers of America 1976-1981.
- Labor Negotiator for San Diego Municipal Employees Association 1986-current.
- 1993 Recipient, Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award, San Diego Trial Lawyers Association.
- Lead Counsel in Defending City Employee Pension Rights in Michael J. Aguirre and City of San Diego v. San Diego City Employees Retirement System, SDSC Case No. GIC 841845 (2005-2011).