Since its founding in 1983, our firm has been dedicated to the cause of working people — representing them individually in wrongful termination and employment discrimination cases, representing them when they are injured, and representing their Unions in the fight for better wages, benefits and working conditions.
When you have the benefit of Union representation on the job, you have a valuable workplace advocate — and an affordable one at that! Your Union negotiates with your employer to achieve a “collective bargaining agreement”(CBA) which will define your wages, benefits, working conditions and your “rights” on the job for a certain period of time.
??When your CBA rights are threatened or violated, a grievance challenges the violation. In the private sector, such a grievance procedure typically ends with a arbitration. Your Union representative can intervene on your behalf, when appropriate, to address workplace problems before they escalate and threaten your job security.
Our firm’s attorneys who specialize in labor law provide a variety of professional services to our Union clients:
- Negotiating of CBA’s over proposed changes to wages, hours or working conditions;
- Arbitrating against discipline or discharge;
- Prosecuting unfair practice charges;
- Organizing campaigns;
- Civil Service and PERB hearings.
Our firm currently provides professional legal services to the following Union clients who represent employees in the public sector:
- San Diego Municipal Employees Association (City of San Diego)
- Deputy Sheriffs’ Association of San Diego County
- Deputy Sheriffs’ Association of Riverside County
- California Teachers Association (and its Affiliates in San Diego and Imperial Counties)
- Carlsbad Firefighters Association, IAFF Local 3730
- San Diego Bus Drivers Union, ATU Local 1309
- Service Employees International Union, Local 221
- San Diego City Firefighters, IAFF? Local 145
- Teamsters Union Local 542
- Teamsters Union Local 952
Our firm currently provides professional legal services to the following Union clients who represent employees in the private sector:
Education Law (CTA)
We’ve represented CTA for 20 years in San Diego, Imperial, Riverside and now San Bernadino Counties. Our services include:
- Defending employees in suspension and dismissal proceedings.
- Negotiating separation agreements.
- Protecting tenured status and layoffs;
- Challenging alleged overpayment of wages.
- Ensuring pay uniformity based on years of experience and education.
- Litigating harassment, discrimination, retaliation claims
- Negotiating workplace accommodations for medical conditions and disabilities
If you are a CTA member and have a work-related problem, you may be eligible for a referral to our law firm for a consultation or other assistance. Contact the CTA office which serves your CTA chapter or affiliate to inquire about a referral.